An effective financial support system is imperative for efficient management of health services.Preparation of the annual budget, timely disbursement of funds, accounting, reporting, and auditing are the main financial management functions that are necessary to support the implementation of health programs. The Finance Section of the DoHS is the focal point for financial management for all programs under the DoHS. All health institutions have their own Finance Section, except PHCs, HPs and SHPs.
- To provide support to all programs divisions/centres during annual budget preparation
- To obtain and disburse program budgets
- To keep books of accounts and collect financial reports from all institutions
- To prepare and submit financial reports
- To facilitate internal and external auditing
- To provide financial consultation